Saturday, May 07, 2005

A step in to the XXIst century


Jessica went shopping with Desney today and, of course, lost her mobile phone again. Yes... you heard that right... less than 3 months later she has lost it again.

I therefore had to cancel her phone line and then I had to take her to the FNAC today to get a new one. Nuance: This time she is paying for half of the phone. She got the Nokia 2650 because she absolutely had to have a flip-up phone. We'll see how long this lasts...

While we were there I finally made the great leap and bought an LCD television. Working out the credit options, the technical options and having already worked it out as a client's purchase I got the Samsung 32" LCD TV.

We got the TV home. First I had to do some more fixing up at home and get Alex' bed back together. Then, just after dinner, I was able to unplug the old TV and plug in the new one. It is much bigger than the previous television, it's 16/9 in comparison to the previous 4:3 ratio, and - of course - it's a flat-screen LCD television with amazingly crisp quality. The main pleasure for me, however, came when I plugged my laptop computer in to it and was able to surf the Internet on the big screen... more on that to come...

I've put our old TV on sale on eBay.

No comments: