Monday, January 05, 2009

Some things just don't change

I don't know why... but I wanted to read where I was at this time last year. I thought I might write something inspirational for 2009. It turns out I hadn't written anything at the beginning of last year (200) and so I went back a year to my first entry for 2007:

http://derekparis.blogspot.com/2007/02/im-still-here.html

I became very depressed reading this entry. Nothing has changed. I don't seem to have learned anything or advanced at all in two years. I'm still relatively healthy and I'm still relatively happy. But I still have absolutely all of the same problems, weaknesses and self-destructive habits I had 2 years ago.

I still have a lot to learn and it's time I changed something...

1 comment:

Kitchen afloat said...

Never stop learning. It is the most joyeous part of life.

As far as the rest...you'd have to change being human to change much at all!
Really think about it!
Friends with no problems: liars.
Friends with no weaknesses: irritating.
Do we really want new problems and weaknesses in our lives when we have old comfortable ones already there!

Best of 2009 to you and your GREAT family!