Sunday, June 05, 2005

Paris 2012

Alexandra had seen a poster and an advert on television as regards the creation of a pseudo-olympics stadium on the Champs-Elyées and had to go.

We spent the day on the Champs-Elysées, with literally thousands of other people, supporting the Paris 2012 campaign. An absolutely exhausing day on our feet walking from stand to stand for about 4 hours. If Paris wins we should be able to rent our house out for a fortune and get the hell out of France as it is going to be an absolute madhouse! But also if Paris wins it means that all of the infrastructure around our neighbourhood (métros, buses, etc.) will be fixed up much faster and better as we live in between the country's biggest stadiums...

We got back to Neuilly where we had parked the car. I couldn't find it. Alex and I walked around for half an hour and still couldn't find it. I called both Police departments and the car pound and no one had heard of my car and it had not been towed away. Finally accepting the fact that it was stolen I called a cab to take us home. The cab took off and I realised that the road we were on was going towards La Défense and not towards Paris. We had parked the car on the road going towards Paris... I asked the cab to turn around and slowly drive up the main road towards Paris... and... there it was! We got out of the cab, got in our car and drove home. Unfortunately I had already told home that the car was stolen so they gave me shit for quite some time about losing my own car... The important point being simply that we still have the car!

No comments: