Sunday, May 07, 2006

Saturday at the mall

We slept in a bit today where possible. Desney was up first, as always, and was off at the hairdresser's and then shopping. I went through my morning routine very slowly and finally headed off to the local market to get fish and food and such for dinner. The queues were amazing and it took quite some time. But that's my own fault for going so late. All in all though I quite enjoyed the experience as the aromas and colours are wonderful.

When I got home I did a bit of programming work, not much, and then Desney, Alexandra and I piled in to the car and headed off to the new shopping centre in Gennevilliers (Chanteraines). We spent the rest of the day basically strolling from store to store to see what they had.

Water: In the first store I had forgotten to take my bottle of water with me from the car. I just can't get used to having to carry this thing with me all the time. I tend to get the feeling that it's like being connected to an oxygen tank or something similar. By the time I got out of the store I couldn't speak and surreptitiously went back to the car and got my bottle. By the end of the second store the inevitable cause and effect relationship meant that I desperately had to find a toilet. Luckily this store had one, albeit normally for handicapped clients which I was starting to feel more and more similar to, and I was able to avail myself of their services. A few hours later and we actually hadn't purchased much at all. We finally got home a bit before 18:00 and sat down for a well-deserved rest.

I got to work on dinner which we ate at a little after eight accompanied by much complaints from the kids. I am certainly no longer a tasting expert and could not really contribute but it certainly appears as though this is the last time I will ever prepare this particular recipe (fish soup with saffron and cream) as it was totally lacking in flavour and consistency. Luckily Desney had prepared a wonderful Tarte Tatin for dessert. However I could only eat about half of the delicious dessert for as soon as I ran out of ice cream topping I couldn't eat any more as the rest was just too dry...

Pulp FictionOnce Alexandra had gone to bed, and Desney was off gardening and puttering around the house, Jessica and I decided to watch a movie which Alexandra couldn't watch. Jessica has only ever seen the first half of this particular movie so we decided to watch the whole thing this time. It's probably about the fourth time I've seen Pulp Fiction and I was truly pleasantly surprised to find that I still quite enjoy it even though I know quite a few scenes by heart.

In bed after midnight...

No comments: