Saturday, May 27, 2006

Workout

For the first time in over a year I actually used our gym at home and did a bit of a workout.

Desney had completely redid the gym over the past several months and it's quite a setup.

I was able to use the running machine for a good 20 minutes (6 kmh) and felt good and exhausted afterwards as well as worked up a good sweat. It's been a long time. The biggest problem, as always, was keeping myself hydrated. This was already a necessity when running or rollerblading. But it isn't more necessary now and requires more attention. I was practically running with the water bottle in my hand a lot of the time.

I had originally planned to use the computer I have set up just above the running machine. But I soon realised that, althgough the computer actually works, I had not finished actually setting it up for my use (music playlists, video selections, ...). I therefore plugged my new iPod Nano in and ran with my rollerblading playlist. I soon got real annoyed with my wired headphones but I had not charged my wireless Bluetooth headphones as I had not actually planned on doing this. Next time I'll hopefully use the computer...

After running I lifted some weights and did some pushups. I realised just after doing my pushups that it probably wasn't the best of ideas. I still have my port-a-catheter (PAC) in my upper-right chest. The pushups stretched my pectoral muscles and really pulled on the two sides of the PAC and pushed it up towards my skin as well. I don't know how Lance Armstrong coped with this sort of situation. Myself, not being an athlete already, I did not find it "comfortable" at all.

It was a very very good feeling to be able to exercise a bit and I'm sure I've overdone it as always.

No comments: