Sunday, March 25, 2007

Talk, talk, talk

In the past 3 nights I've talked more than in the past 3 months!

This to the great dismay of the rest of my family...

We have had friends visiting from the States: the infamous (Life of Dave) David and his lovely wife Sasha. They arrived on Thursday afternoon and I haven't shutup since. I don't really know why but I feel incredibly comfortable with these 2 people, and we have a lot of similar references in our cultural backgrounds which eliminates the need for a lot of explanations often, and I truly enjoy talking with them. I obviously spend too much time alone in front of a computer and these moments of comradery and communication become an explosion of verbal diarrhea as my friends have referred to my condition before. But with the slight memory of so many months where talking was difficult I guess I appreciate it even more.

They would go out and play tourist during the day and the rest of the family would get on with their lives. I say "play tourist" as they used to live here so it's not exactly their first trip to the area. In the evenings we would eat, drink, talk, drink and talk some more. Well... everyone would eat and drink and I would eat, drink and talk, talk, talk...

We would go to sleep relatively late (about 1:30) ending each night with long discussions in the living room while the rest of the family slept or tried to. It was one of the most enjoyable 3 nights I've had in a very long time and I was very sad to let them go this morning...

Back to reality...

No comments: