Monday, August 29, 2005

Money, money, money...

After a long weekend of worrying, feeling unconfortable and getting little sleep I called the hospital. They confirmed that with their system I would have to pay the entire amount due up front and would then be reimbursed by our health system. However as they are not a standard French hospital I would only be reimbursed 92%. I therefore would have to cough up 10,000 € when I got out of the hospital and I would get back 9,200 € anywhere from 6 to 12 weeks later.

This is obviously not going to be possible. I do not have 10,000 € and it is even questionable as to whether or not it is worth paying 800 € in the end for something I can get for free at a normal French clinic with exactly the same surgeon.

I am now waiting to reschedule at Clinique Geoffroy Saint-Hilaire.

No comments: