Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Coughing again...

It had been so long I had stopped counting. It's been 5 nights or 7 nights or even longer that I haven't had a coughing fit. I'd assumed that was a stage I had been through and was over with...

Monday night, at 04:45, I had a coughing fit that lasted about 15 minutes. The worst feeling about these fits, for me, is the absolute helplessness. I don't know when it's going to stop and there's nothing I can do about it. I try drinking water, blowing my nose, sitting upright... but nothing works. It just eventually subsides. In the meantime it wakes Desney up, of course, which upsets me as I know she's only got another hour of sleep before she has to get up and she's not going to get back to sleep properly. This fit made me quite angry and upset. Partly because I thought I was over this and it came as such as a surprise and partly out of frustration of not being able to control it. I didn't get back to sleep until about 07:00.

Last night I had another fit which started at 04:30. By 05:00 it still wasn't finished and I got out of bed and went to the kitchen and finally to the guest room until it subsided. This one lasted 45 minutes and was quite painful. I finally put myself to sleep in the guest room and slept through to 08:30...

I know who's going to be sleeping alone this evening...

:-(

No comments: