Tuesday, February 28, 2006

On the road again...

Trying to make the day as easy as possible: I did most of my packing last night. I therefore just had e-mail and various other work to go through this morning. Took the taxi to Gare du Nord at about noon and leisurely got on the Eurostar in time to head off to London. They don't have First Premium service any more and Business Premium is a pretty big step down. But it was obviously enjoyable all the same.

I've been programming non-stop for days now so I spent most of the train trip programming as well. It's a great feeling when it works!!!

I got to the hotel at about 15:30, unpacked and headed up to Selfridges and then Books, Etc. to pick up some stuff I knew I would need (Palm charger and Linux books) and finally headed back to the hotel. I hooked up the computer and programmed again for another couple of hours until dinner... After dinner I actually kicked back and watched television, rather than working, and got myself ready for the big day back to work tomorrow. Asleep by midnight!

No comments: