Saturday, February 04, 2006

Sleep glorious sleep

After yesterday's long day I actually slept in until about 11:00 in the morning! It was wonderful. What was especially appreciated is that I haven't had coughing fits in the night for at least two nights in a row now. I normally wouldn't even mention it as I'm always worried that's going to jinx things but it's a definite achievement.

I slowly got ready and made myself an omelette for brunch.

In the afternoon Desney took Alexandra to the orthodontist's for her first of two appointments to install her braces. Today they did the top row and on Wednesday they'll be doing the bottom row. These are the braces she'll be wearing for the next two years. They look great as she choose transparent braces with blue around each. Alexandra wasn't feeling great when they got back as her mouth is really hurting her. We gave her some paracetamol and left her relaxing in front of the television.

Desney and I headed off to our favourite DIY store (Leroy Merlin) as we needed yet more stuff for the house. We didn't get out of there until about 19:30 and schlepped home an enormous new ladder just to be able to change the light bulbs at the top of the stairs.

Desney made an excellent dinner (paupiette de veau, broccoli and rice) but it was unfortunately pretty much wasted. Alexandra could only eat soup and I take so long to chew this sort of thing that I could only eat one plate.

It's nice to be home again and there's a special warmth to one's own living room especially when it's quite cold outside...

No comments: