Monday, February 27, 2006

Status Quo

I haven't written in a week... because there really hasn't been anything to write about.

Things are the same without any remarkable evolution.

My voice has not improved. My taste buds have not improved. I can still drink a beer or two but wine still burns my throat. Most food is too dry to enjoy without a lot of sauce. I still cough throughout the day, my mouth is constantly dry and I have to constantly have a glass of water waiting for me in each room "just in case".

I therefore still miss 3 of my favourite aspects of life: talking, food and wine (not necessarily in that order).

I have however been able to work more and more this week and have rediscovered the simple pleasures of programming. I've been working on one programming project all day every day for a week now. Most days I work for about 6 hours total, with maybe 4 hours of programming. But there are some days when I can work program for up to 6 hours. I do still truly love programming and the pleasures both of creating something and of watching it actually work!

The positive aspect of this being that I can hopefully start billing a bit as my financial situation is still pretty catastrophic.

I will be heading off to London this week to hopefully start resuming my monthly trip to my client's office there. It's going to be a long week with long days. I'll probably be pretty exhausted by the weekend. But it'll be positive both personally and professionally to finally get back to that level.

Desney has been spending an enormous amount of time decorating again. She's been working lots and lots on redoing the heating room in the basement to make it back in to a gym but bigger, better and prettier. When we can't hear her working anywhere else in the house we know she's in the basement sanding, cleaning, filling holes, painting, applying anti-humidity treatments, ...

The kids are back in school now which has changed the scheduling around the house and brought us back to the type of planning we're more accustomed to. Alexandra is already planning her April holidays...

No comments: