Friday, March 03, 2006

Back on the road

Another long day but probably the most enjoyable. It was split nicely by a nice long lunch at a local pub. I was able to eat the inside of a steak and ale pie, as it's made with a lot of sauce, but I couldn't handle the chips and pie part without embarassing myself. One wonderful discovery I had already made on Wednesday, at lunch, is the fact that British real ale goes down oh so very nicely. Not the slightest bit of stinging, pure pleasure and quite tasty. I had a pint on Wednesday and had two pints today. I found that if I didn't really nag myself I could have gladly spent the rest of the afternoon in the pub.

At the end of the day I took the taxi back to Waterloo, waited on queue with the standard Friday night queues for at least a half an hour and finally back on to the Eurostar home. The stewardess looked at me funny when I refused the free Champagne and the meal was certainly strange without wine but I sat back and watched Hotel Rwanda on DVD and got home before midnight.

Exhausted!!!

No comments: