Sunday, March 26, 2006

The end of the mouthwash

Every night, since my second surgery, I rinse my mouth out with a prescrbied magic mouthwash before going to bed. This mouthwash has a bit of antifungal stuff in it, some bicarbonate of soda and a bit of xylocaine (local anesthetic) which is the part I like most. After the mouthwash my mouth tingles a bit. My throat is numbed a bit for quite some time and even my cheeks and gums get numb for a shorter period of time. This last feeling tends to remind me of the more enjoyable effects of other chemical substances I used to partake in during my early adulthood. All in all the mouthwash has been an enjoyable part of my neverending treatments.

Last night was the end of the mouthwash and the end of my prescription. I don't know if the ensuing reaction was more than partly psychosomatic. But I had a slight coughing fit in the middle of the night which I had not had in quite a very long time. I then woke up with a mouth much drier than usual and quite a few gagging episodes when drinking my first glasses of water in the morning.

I miss my mouthwash already...

No comments: