Thursday, January 05, 2006

She's back!

I went to pick up Arlene from the airport this afternoon. She flew in from Ireland where she had spent New Year’s. It was a good feeling to be able to actually do something. Luckily the drive there and back was quite easy with no traffic. It was a beautifully cold and snowy day but we got back home quite quickly.

The girls were overjoyed to see her again and they all talked back and forth while I had my nap. Desney whipped up roast chicken, corn on the cob and cheese. Arlene had to buy dessert from a bakery of course. The dinner table was rather talkative which allowed me to shut up and concentrate on eating.

The rest of the evening was spent in front of the television with my trying to find things on in English. After everyone went to bed it was just the two of us and it was wonderful to get a chance to talk. It’s a nice feeling having mom around.

No comments: