Friday, January 27, 2006

Tonsil Boy

Just a couple of days after I found Raph's tonsil cancer page I found Randy's Tonsil Boy blog. Randy is going through some very similar treatment and symptoms as myself. There are similarities and differences. But we're both fighting the same fight. I look at his blog every day hoping for news. It sometimes feels better just knowing that I'm not the only one and that the symptoms or side-effects I am feeling are also felt by someone else.

You may have noticed, around the same time that I found these sites, that I added a new Tonsil Cancer links section to my right-hand vertical bar... down at the bottom.

All my positive thoughts and best wishes go out to Randy, and his family, for his speedy and completely recovery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Derek, Thank you for contacting me and for your food suggestions. It was very interesting reading your blog and seeing the similarities and differences in the Doctors, treatment and recovery. I really have not eaten any solid food or liquids since the end of October. I had a feeding tube installed in my stomach as my first procedure in October.. The feeding tube is how I have kept up my nourishment. It amazed me that you have been eating and swallowing through this whole protocol. Keep it up you are doing great.

Wow, doing daily updates is a lot of hard work but very interesting to read. All may best to you and your family. I will keep you in my prayers for a very speedy recovery and to be cancer FREE.

Sincerely,
Randy Fine,
TonsilBoy