Tuesday, January 31, 2006

To sleep, perchance to dream...

In my neverending goal of trying to take as little medication as possible I decided to stop taking the sleeping tablets. The sleeping tablets may, or may not, have been helping me sleep. But they weren't stopping me from waking up in the middle of the night with coughing attacks. As it was obvious that this may result in a change in my sleeping patterns I slept in the guest room on Sunday night.

I didn't get to sleep until about 01:30 but once asleep I slept fine. I had a coughing fit at about 03:00. But it wasn't that bad and I was able to get back to sleep relatively quickly.

On Monday night I slept better as I fell asleep earlier and slept later. Again without the sleeping tablets so I feel as though I'm progressing.

I do wish the coughing fits would stop however as they're both painful and annoying...

No comments: