Sunday, October 30, 2005

Day 14 – The day time moved back

A relatively uneventful day… like I like ‘em!

The biggest event of the day was, of course, that we got to turn all the clocks back and hour thereby providing the entire family with a much needed extra hour of sleep. The girls didn’t wake up until quite late with or without the time change.

I basically didn’t do much and slept a good portion of the afternoon. A bit of television (too much) and a bit of reading (not enough) and a bit of e-mails on the computer and the day flew by.

E.R. in the evening as usual for a Sunday night and then I got sucked in by one of the classic American reality shows: Renovate My Family. It all looked heart-wrenchingly wonderful as they completely destroyed and rebuilt this family’s house and helped them cope with their older child who has been in a wheelchair for two years now and dad who has a serious smoking problem. The result looked great on TV and everyone was tear-jerkingly overjoyed. I wouldn’t have been any the wiser if I hadn’t gone looking for a link for Renovate My Family to add to the blog. What do I find out? It was a nightmare experience so awful that they, like any unhappy American, sued them!. In this particular case, if what I read is anywhere near the truth, it looks like they were right in doing so.

I went to be late and had difficulty sleeping…

No comments: