Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Sometimes things are actually easier than they're supposed to be


I was able to get some work done this morning which felt good.

My new nurse showed up at 11:40 to give me an injection in my stomach. She's very nice, kind and gentle and not bad looking which makes the experience more enjoyable. However it definitely hurt more today than yesterday. Seeing as though I hadn't had the pre-anesthesia they gave me before the operation as well as the side effects from the local anesthesia helping me out it's quite obvious as to why it wasn't the same. Duh. I lied down for about a half an hour and got over it.

Back to the clinic this afternoon for a scanner and mask fitting. I wasn't sure how they were going to hurt me this time. But I was sure they were going to somehow. The scanner assistant was very nice. I had to lie down, as usual, and they put this sort of cold, wet plastic mask over me and taped it down on the sides and attached it to the scanner bench. They then made a hole for me to breathe through (mouth and nose). They put me in to position and told me not to move until it was over. Not moving for 10 minutes while the scanner buzzed round and round my head was not easy. But as my eyes were closed, as usual, I practically fell asleep.

I finally felt the bench rise up and the assistant said it was over. I expected her to have to give me some sort of antibiotic or antisomething injection before I left. She said I could go. I didn't need to be told that twice. I got out, calmly but quickly, and found myself out on the street feeling quite qood.

I took the bus back home and relaxed for the rest of the afternoon in amazement that it was actually possible to go to that clinic without them hurting me. I know I will no longer feel that way as of next week but it was definitely reassuring...

1 comment:

Jerry said...

Since you are not responding to emails, I will continue to post my thoughts here. I am glad something finally went fairly easy for you, its about time. I am sorry, however, that they didn't give you some powerful mind numbing narcotic, just on general principle. Maybe next time. I hope things go smoothly in the next couple of weeks, I know they won't be easy, so maybe smooth is what we can hope for and also that these procedures are also easier than they are supposed to be, if not then at least pretty young nurses may lessen the pain. Sharon continues to send healing loving thoughts in your direction, as do I and hope to see you in the not too distant future. In the meantimt I will continue to monitor you here.
Love and hugs
Me and the wife.