Saturday, October 22, 2005

Day 6

I awoke after Desney and Alexandra had already left and Jessica had left for school.

This is the first day when I do not have to go to the clinic for any treatment whatsoever. Unfortunately that didn’t get rid of the nausea…

Jessica got home after school and I had some soup. I actually started feeling a bit better and was getting more than hopeful. I slept a bit and when I woke up I actually felt that the nausea was a level that would allow me to eat. I had some crackers and was feeling a bit stronger.

Jessica spent the afternoon preparing and packing for her trip to Italy with her friends.

In the evening I was actually able to help Jessica make dinner and we had pasta. We couldn’t agree on which to have so I had Carbonara and she had Pesto. I was actually able to eat a whole big bowl. I can’t say it felt wonderful but it felt like a major achievement. We ate dinner while watching the final of Strictly Come Dancing on the TV (BBC Prime). A very American way of eating but it was a special occasion.

After dinner Jessica left to go to her friend’s house where she’s spending the night as they will leave together the next morning to go to the airport. Desney ended up getting an earlier Eurostar and she was home by about 22:30. She appeared glad to see me feeling a bit better.

No comments: