Friday, October 21, 2005

Day 5

Much the same as lately. The only positive aspect of the day is that it’s Friday (TGIF).

Felt awful in the morning and couldn’t get much food down.

Got to the clinic in the afternoon and got a lot of things done. I worked out my taxi reimbursements. I scheduled my following week of x-ray treatments and even got them to move my 2 early morning appointments (08:40 and 09:10) to the afternoon with the explanation that with the nausea I’m experiencing I could never get out of the house before noon. They were very comprehensible. After my x-ray treatment I asked to see a doctor.

I was hoping I wouldn’t get to see Dr. Kanoui as I believe he’s only there on Wednesdays and Thursdays. It was a different doctor this time: Dr. Chauveinc. He was quite kind albeit quick and technical. I would put his bedside manner somewhere between that of Doctors Mammar and Kanoui. I explained to him my situation and he kindly prescribed stronger doses of Zophren (anti-nausea medication) as suppositories and some more laxative medication. He said that about 20% of patients have a strong negative reaction to the chemo chemical they’re using on me as it is particularly strong. I knew I would be the one out of five. He said that the nausea should subside by the end of the weekend as the product works its way through my system. I thanked him with great hopes for the future.

Busy night at home. Alexandra’s getting ready for her trip to England tomorrow to go to camp for a week. Desney’s accompanying her on the Eurostar to London and then coming back in the evening. The house was full with the standard pre-trip yelling and screaming of packing and preparations.

The family ate Japanese and I had soup. We watched Risky Business which turned out to be yet another 80s movie Jessica hasn’t liked…

When I took my anti-nausea tablet before going to bed it made me (finally) throw up. With my throat it was certainly not an enjoyable experience. I had hoped that as I had finally threw up, even though it was only liquids, I would finally feel better.

No such luck…

No comments: