Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Day 9

It's like a roller coaster ride... every day has its ups and downs.

Today started very, very slowly. Still feeling a bit nauseous all the time which is a pain but bearable. It tok me forever to eat in the morning and even longer to get my act together and get in to gear. I did a bit of e-mails in the morning which felt productive and finally raced through my shower, as much as I can race through anything at the moment, and ate my lunch quickly before heading back to the clinic.

Desney had prepared me lunch and left it in the fridge for me so I didn't have to do anything. Yet another brief flash of "What would I do without her?" as I tucked in. A very nice salad and some smoked salmon with some good bread. What more can a guy ask for?

Back on the bus to the clinic, in and out, and back on the bus home. I finally finished my book (J.D. Robb's Survivor in Death) which I was reading in the old-fashioned paperback version. I actually quite liked the book, which is the latest installment in the "In Death" series, so I ordered the first 3 of the series from Amazon. When I'm in chemo and worried about batteries and such it's good to have something to read on paper that does not say "batteries not included". As I finished the book, and I was bored, I started the next book on my Palm (Sims by F. Paul Wilson) which has turned out to be quite fun.

I got home exhausted as usual. However this time I listened to my body and put myself to bed. Emma was cleaning today so I actually crawled in to our bed in our bedroom. That was about 15:30... I didn't wake up until just before Desney got home at about 18:15. Dead to the world...

Spent most of the night still feeling tired and more nauseous than usual. I was able to eat dinner, at least most of it, but not as much as I wanted to. As Desney says my eyes are too big for my stomach when it comes to second helpings at the moment. She did a lovely veal with wild mushrooms and cream sauce on rice and peas. Delicious... from what I could tell...

Did a bit of computer stuff in the evening and passed out late as usual...

No comments: