Monday, October 31, 2005

Day 15 – Halloween II

Woke up a bit late (08:30) with the realisation that today is both Halloween and the second anniversary of our house. It was two years ago today that we spent our first night in our first house. Desney is still overwhelmed and upset about the amount of work that still needs doing on the house. The house will always need work, maintenance and mending. But we are now “only” 13 years away from owning it.

Desney had bought pumpkins from the market and she and Alexandra made jack-o-lanterns. I was still getting ready (showever and whatever) so I did my pumpkin after they were done. They were ready to be proudly displayed on top of the entrance columns in the front garden as soon as night fell. With the time change night came earlier than usual. Desney lit the candles in the pumpkins and put them out and prepared a bowl full of sweets by the front door ready for the trick or treaters.

Throughout the day it was getting more and more painful for me to swallow. Desney made me an early dinner as my x-ray treatment was at 19:50. It took me a while to get dinner down and it hurt. I went for my treatment and they were only about 15 minutes late. With the increasing and constant pain in my throat I was going to ask to see a doctor but it was too late. With tomorrow being a holiday everyone had gone home by 20:00. I made my way home.

Alexandra was still awake desperately awaking the arrival of trick or treaters. She went to bed late (22:00) but this year not one trick or treater came. All the more sweets left for the girls.

I finally went to sleep. But the pain swallowing made it difficult to get to sleep. After my operations cold, ice water, ice cream and such relieved, at least temporarily, the pain in my throat. Unfortunately this is no longer the case and nothing seems to work. I tried a pain killer before bed (Efferalgan) but to no great effect.

1 comment:

Jerry said...

Just caught up on your blog and am truly sorry you are having so much pain, I was also touched by the TLC you continue to receive from the beautiful women in your life and in spite of your inability to enjoy those wonderful mealy Desney keeps preparing, to their fullest, she continues to prepare them because she knows they are your favorites. You are a lucky man to be surrounded by all of this love when you need it most. I agree, wholeheartedly with Justin. I can only hope that your are able to truly enjoy one of your wines amd a nice meal in the very near future and those pain killers start doing their jobs. We continue to love and think those positive thoughts for you nephew. Hope to see you soon.