Saturday, April 22, 2006

Dinner out

It's an amazingly beautiful day out today...

It's also my (rare) turn to make dinner. I decided to make pasta which is not a great surprise to those who know me. Pasta can sometimes be difficult for me to eat now like potatoes. But I find that if there's a lot of sauce, and I drink a lot of liquid with it, it can still be enjoyable. I decided to make spaghetti with Mexican shrimp sauce which is quite easy to prepare. It's so easy to prepare that I was able to enjoy a few glasses of a very nice Australian Shiraz that some friends had bought for me before I got sick. The very strong fruit and faint wood made this the perfect sort of wine for my throat and taste buds at the moment. I wasn't missing out on much as the aspects of the wine that I ususually can't taste were not that prevalent in this wine. Quite nice...

While I was making dinner the girls were preparing the terrace which Desney had spent most of the afternoon cleaning. When dinner was ready we took everything upstairs and to the terrace for our first meal of the year outside. It was wonderful to sit outside and eat. However I must admit that, this early in the year, it does start getting very cold very quickly. I didn't mind that much for myself. But it also means that one's food gets quite cold quite quickly. As I don't eat quickly at the best of times, and much slower nowadays, my pasta was icy cold before I could finish it.

But it was a great feeling to eat outside again and a delightful taste of evenings to come which will be even warmer and sunnier...

No comments: