Saturday, April 15, 2006

The long and winding road home

Up (relatively) early, a cup of coffee and off to the Leamington train station for the 08:29 train to London. I got to Marylebone at a little after 10:00 and grabbed a taxi directly for Waterloo station. Alexandra arrived right on time at 11:00 with the rest of her friends from Camp Beaumont. She looked great... albeit exhausted! I signed the papers releasing my daughter back to me and we waited around until 11:30 for them to open the gates for our Eurostar. At 11:31 we checked through and in to the Eurostar Lounge where we hung out for the next couple of hours. Luckily we were actually able to find a new pair of earphones for Alex so that, along with the y-connector in my computer bag, we could watch a DVD together on the train. We grabbed lunch at Bagel Factory. But mostly Alex spent her time playing on the Internet computers in the Salon and I did the same through the WiFi connection on my laptop. The Eurostar journey went fine and we watched Be Cool which I had rented. It finished a bit early so Alex watched the beginning of Timeline again. We also had a meal on the train so we were feeling a bit stuffed when we got to Paris. Our taxi was waiting there ready to whisk us off to home. Unfortunately it didn't work out that way as we spent quite some traffic and didn't get home until one hour and 35 euros later. Desney and Jessica were waiting for us in open arms and I was just glad to sit down on my own sofa in my own living room and relax.

No comments: