Saturday, April 15, 2006

Hacker Cracker

On the Eurostar I finished reading Hacker Cracker on my Palm. I enjoyed it. But I certainly do not consider it above average in any way. A hacker very full of himself who wrote about his childhood, his rough neighbourhood, a bit about his hacking and cracking experiences, his kung-fu and martial arts exploits and championships and finally his personal experiences on September 11th. I was only interested in about 1/10th of what he had to say and if ever I wanted to read the book again I would use the very helpful chapters and bookmarks functions of eReader to get to just the hacking bits.

If anyone out there is interested in anything similar to this but with more technical details then they should find Cliff Stoll's classic real-life hacker tracking experiences in The Cuckoo's Egg. Interested in hacking gangs then Masters of Deception would be much more interesting than this...

No comments: