Thursday, April 13, 2006

The end of a long week

I left the London office at about 17:30 and took a taxi to Marylebone station. I hung around Marylebone station until about 19:15 as that's when my phone call to Alex at camp was scheduled for. Desney had booked the call for me. You have to call in the morning to schedule a call for the same night or the next night. I called Alex and spoke to her for a while. She was having a great time. I was a bit disappointed that there were apparently quite a lot more French kids at the camp this time and she was spending time translating. We paid a fortune for her to go to this camp in England for her to be with English kids and speak English. I doubt we'll be sending her there again. I was not impressed with the kids, and their families, when we had waited to go on Saturday either. But she's enjoying herself and everything's going well.

I got on the next train for Royal Leamington Spa (19:30), which was packed, and arrived at Leamington station at a little after 21:00. My father-in-law, Bill, picked me up at the station and it wasn't long before I was lounging in front of the television with a can of Guinness bitter beside me. You can't beat family hospitality!

I was actually quite exhausted. It has been an extremely productive week and I am both proud and pleased about that. But it has also been long with several long days. Installing and training during the day, programming in the evening and doing a bit of telemaintenance in the evenings and mornings as clients in New York and in France needed work done on their computers. It added up to a very long week and I'm looking in to not having to wake up for anything tomorrow morning.

No comments: