Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Gone

I'm still here...

I've just finished reading Jonathan Kellerman's Gone. It was quite enjoyable as always. I've been reading the Alex Delaware novels for 20 years now. I must say that they've become extremely "formulaic". This can greatly reduce the excitement. But it also feels quite comfortable... like an old blanket. It always nice to have a new Kellerman on my Palm...

It's been a few long days and late nights here in London. I've basically come to the conlusion that I no longer sleep well in hotels. I certainly used to be able to sleep anywhere. Now, whether it's due to stress or worries or comfort or whatever, I just don't get to sleep until quite late and I wake up several times in the evening. I can't wait until Friday morning to be able to sleep a bit.

I had a beer on Monday lunchtime and it went down wonderfully. I had a glass of red wine at an Italian restaurant for lunch yesterday and it just didn't. I was able to drink it but it was not really enjoyable. Much too acidic and burning on my throat. This could be due to the fact that the bottle had been kept open for quite some time, which was apparent from the nose, or simply the wine itself. But it may also just be me (again). I've been eating as fast as I can at lunch to try and keep up to what one would consider a normal speed. But starches like potatoes and bread just don't go down well at all... I tend to leave them on the plate...

1 comment:

Jerry said...

Just finished Gone, on my T3. I liked it, like I like almost all of his books, much the samw way I like Richard Russo, you know what you are in for and its always pleasant. Sharon is glad he's back with Robin, me I liked the black haired Shiksa Psychoanalyst, but oh well. After reading about your English breakfast and their version of tea, I am glad we are visiting you in Frabce,