Thursday, April 13, 2006

Spoiled

One of the department's of my client's office (horse racing) took me out to lunch today. I was literally declared the "Guest of Honour". I don't think that's ever happened to me before. They brought us all out to an absolutely fabulous little Italian restaurant near the office. We ate and drank like kings and queens. I had some fresh steamed asparagus with a simple garlic butter sauce to start, then some beef-filled ravioli with tomato sauce for my main course and finally a wonderful cappuccino to end it all off. All of this was accompanied by an absolutely wonderful Chianti Classico Riserva. The fine Chiantis have certainly moved up in quality over the past few years and this was right up there with the full-bodied fine Tuscans. It filled my mouth completely and I was able to taste most of it. The wine was so smooth and soft, while still being full-bodied, that it didn't sting me or harm me in the slightest. Just delicious pleasure going down.

I truly felt spoiled and appreciated. Just like last month... I had very little desire to go back to the office.

But back to the office to finish a very important day...

No comments: