Saturday, April 08, 2006

On the road again

We were all up early this morning.

Jessica was actually going to school and hoping that it wasn't blocked again by protesters.

Alex and I were cleaned, breakfasted and jumping out to our taxi at 08:40. I had called the taxi as early as possible as I feared the traffic on this first day of the holidays. In actual fact we got to the Gare du Nord in 25 minutes! We hung out in the Salon for about an hour and our Eurostar left on time with us on it.

Alex watched Oscar on my laptop while I read Jonathan Kellerman's Gone on my Palm.

We got to Waterloo on time and waited around for an hour for her Camp representatives to show up. They actually showed up on time (13:00) and Alex was quite excited to see that one of the counsellors who came to accompany them was one she knew from her last camp trip (Will). Once the paperwork was done it all went quite quickly and they were soon all aboard their coach and heading off to Camp Beaumont on the Isle of Wight.

I lugged my luggage over to the taxi rank and headed off to the Radisson Portman Hotel. I then went out and spent a good portion of the afternoon shopping, then had a nap and I am just about to dig in to my room service dinner...

No comments: