Sunday, April 09, 2006

A late night

Unfortunately the food here is actually even worse than at the Marriott Hotel which is worse than what was at the Millenium Hotel. But all of these compare as junk food in comparison to the Capital Hotel.

Room service food was really quite disappointing. When the food looks and smells disappointing before my, seriously impaired, taste buds even attempt to start it's not an enjoyable experience.

It's nights like these that I miss the Capital Hotel. The Capital was probably one of my all-time favourite hotels. The rooms were beautiful. The service impeccable. The food just plain wonderful. Absolutely High-Class all the way. The only problem was it's just not practical as a business hotel for my particular needs. It's too far from my client's office and requires a taxi which is not always easy to acquire first thing in the morning. Sometimes it literally took 45 minutes to get a taxi in the morning. It also has NO INTERNET ACCESS in the rooms. The only possibility is nose-hemmorhage slow and old-fashioned telephone access (56k) at outrageous per-minute charges. It's obvious that the Capital will most likely never be my business hotel location again... but there are definitely moments like these that I miss it.

After a really long day, following a couple of sequentially long days, I just can't get to sleep.

The first time I've taken a nap in the afternoon in a while?

Too much coffee in the afternoon?

Nerves, stress and anxiety?

English-language television on almost every channel of the television?

French is more than my second language. But it'll never be my first language. English will always be more subconscious than French. French is somewhere in between a second language and my first language: my 1.5 language? Although I watch French-language quite often English-language entertainment still feels more natural and easy. Therefore when I'm in a country where there is so much English-language entertainment available I tend to overindulge.

Whatever the reason... it's 1:30 in the morning, I'm exhausted and still awake.

But tomorrow's Sunday morning... time for a bit of a lie-in after 3 long days.

No comments: