Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Glug, glug, glug, glug, glug, glug, glug, glug

Tonight I was rushing off to go to a parents' meeting for Jessica's class and rushing through dinner.

It was not respectful of Desney's meal as she had prepared some duck and carrots which were quite delicious. But I picked up my water glass and quickly drank it while rushing. I put the glass down with a start and realised. I had just drank the entire glass in one action with a glug, glug, glug, glug, glug, glug, glug, glug. That's eight consecutive glugs. My previous record was four. I suddenly realised what had just happened. I filled the glass up again and pointed at Desney for her to watch. I picked up the glass and again drank it down in 8 glugs. I put it down and explained to her what had just happened. Obviously this is of minute importance to anyone but myself. It's an extremely tiny step forward in the scheme of things.

But damn it felt good!

No comments: