Monday, September 26, 2005

Food glorious food

Desney prepared my dinner as usual. She put the meat through the blender along with some potato purée and a bit of onions and such. The taste is the same but the texture rather like baby food. I am starting to understand how boxers and guys who get their jaws broken must feel. I can't possibly imagine going through all of this on purpose.

However my swallowing has been getting much better lately and so I got a bit adventurous. I tried eating salad and was able to slice everything small enough with my knife and fork to eat all of my salad without any difficulty... even cucumber. It was a wonderful feeling.

I then went for a hard-boiled egg. A bit of mayonaise and a lot of chewing and another step towards solids was made. I even took a bit of meat and tried but it's obviously I still can't quite get a thick piece of steak down as by the time I finish chewing one morsel everyone else is already having dessert.

I was able to eat just about everything and felt just wonderful. A fully satisfying meal with both flavour and textures. Yet another of the great simple pleasures of life.

No comments: