Monday, September 05, 2005

Jessica's 15th

When Alex got home from school she finished her work on her present for Jessica. She picked some flowers from Desney's garden and wrapped the stem of each flower, individually (!), with aluminium foil and put them in the basket she had made.

When Desney got home we dragged the new mattress we had been hiding in the cellar up to the living room. We had to go a bit slowly so I didn't stretch anything I shouldn't in my neck...

Jessica finally got home and had brought her friend Mercedes with her. We gave her her presents and she was quite pleased... not overly enthusiastic or thankful... but pleased.

We all went out to our local Japanese restaurant as that's what Jessica wanted for her birthday and had been talking about for at least a month. I obviously felt a bit uncomfortable going out to a restaurant in my present condition (unshaved hair not washed since Thursday, large bandage and a head I can't turn more than 45 degrees). But it went well... We had a good meal and Jessica truly enjoyed it. Of course she wasn't paying so it was easy to enjoy!

All in all it went well... and in another few months Alex turns 11!

No comments: