Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Paperwork, paperwork and more paperwork

Final preparations for the big day(s)...

I drove to my "old" clinic (Clinique Geoffroy Saint-Hilaire) and picked up my file from the anesthesiologist's office. It was actually very, very nice to get out of the house and be doing something physically...

It took quite some time to park but not too bad...

I then drove from there to my "new" clinic (Clinic Turin) which is right next to Saint-Lazare. After going round and round for literally over 30 minutes trying to park I finally drove to the FNAC at Saint-Lazare and pulled in to their parking lot.

I had some lunch and went to the FNAC. Alexandra is going to have to be more and more autonomous this year, as I am not going to be able to accompany her as much as before, and she hopes to have lots of extra-curricular activities (Wednesday English claseses as always but also dance classes and others). I therefore got her her first mobile phone (Nokia 3100) with a prepaid card. I'm sure she's going to be very pleased.

I left the parking lot to go to the clinic and turned round and round again for 45 minutes!!! Thank God for in-car stereo and air-conditioning!

I then went to the clinic to open my file for admissions. Luckily I had all of the necessary papers with me and I was able to get registered. I am still on the waiting list, and hopeful, for a private room.

1 comment:

Jerry said...

Well that will be another thing I will be hoping for, for you, a private room. I emailed you and am responding to this now, because I will be leaving in the AM for FL and Ecuador for almost two weeks, but my thought will continue to be with you and your full recovery. I spoke to your mom today, and she sounds like she is handling it as well as can be ecpected,and I will continue to try to connect with her when I get back, I love and miss her and hope I can be of some assisstance to her in helping both of us deal with this also. She has lots of supports. Will talk to you soon. All our love.

Jerry