Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Mysterious flowers

I got home today to find a lovely bouquet of flowers waiting for me.

Just before my last operation I received an enormous and beautiful bouquet of flowers from my favourite Greek lady in the world. The kitchen smelled like Shangri-la for days and it was still there waiting for me when I got back from the clinic.

This afternoon's flowers are beautiful and smell wonderful as well. A pungent tulip smell to them.

However they came from an Asnières florist (A Coeur de Fleurs) with the note Aces tous nos voeux de rétablissement... but no signature! I don't know who they came from. As the notes in French it narrows it down a bit. But I am still confused...

If the anonymous sender of these flowers is reading this blog please click on the Comments link and let us know.

This is my kinda mystery!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Derek, what the hell is a blog? I was in Cal.last week for Justin's wedding when I got the news.I would have rather been hit by a sledge hammer. I've been trying to think of something to say to you since last week. Something clever to cheer you up.Then Jerry told me about your blog. Personally I think blog is as bad as cancer. To be cont.

Anonymous said...

Any way I was pissed upset, etc. cried a lot, and then read your blog. I wanted to cheer you up give you my 2 cents worth of do's and dont's but guess what? Your writings cheered me up. Derek you are incredible. Your attitude is fantastic. Let the fight begin. You will win and beat this thing.Do you have apricots in France? If so break open the pit

Anonymous said...

to reveal a seed filled with Vitamin B 17. Keep these seeds in your fridge and eat about 10 of these a day. They have a bitter taste-nitrilocides. Eat cherries grapes and apples. Stay away from meat, fried foods, sugar, etc. Do not change your life style. BUT avoid stress. Cut back on work but stay busy. Avoid extreme temperatures hot and cold.

Anonymous said...

Take walks, Keep enjoying your life . Laugh a lot (easy for me to say)Watch funny shows movies etc.Stay away from depressing news and movies. I am off to Ecuador in an hour. I am going to call you when I get back.I'm still old fashioned. This computer stuff is not for me. My love to your 3 "girls" they're beautiful. I love you buddy-take care. Bill