Friday, September 16, 2005

The morning after

I woke up and just about instantly remembered where I was. I then made one of those big mistakes in my life. I swallowed. I felt like the Jets and the Sharks had decided to have a knife fight inside my throat and they just kept missing each other. If I had a voice I probably would have screamed. Then I remembered that pump that I had been avoiding and I actually pushed the button. I heard a beep and I lied back down to let it do its work.

About a half hour later they came in with breakfast. I should have expected it. Yogurt, apple purée, chocolate milk and ice cream. Ice cream for breakfast? I know this would be just about any child's dream, including mine, but it just wasn't appetizing at the moment. I managed to get through one of the yogurts, the cold milk and one of the ice creams. After eating as much as I could I just sat there hoping that some day this would get better and I'd be able to eat more and properly.

I spent most of the morning doing Sudoku puzzles. Lunch was exactly the same meal as breakfast and I ate just as little.

In the afternoon Desney and the girls came to see me. I had tubes coming out of everywhere so I must not have looked great. But they were all positive and full of good thoughts.

Dinner was again exactly the same meal as breakfast and although I ate a bit more I certainly wasn't enthusiastic.

A day to get through...

No comments: