Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas Eve

Another better and worse night. It was better in that I didn't have any full cough attacks. However it was worse in that I coughed non-stop throughout the night. I would cough about every 10 minutes again and again. It started at about 1 in the morning. By 3 I pulled myself out of bed and went to sleep on the couch so Desney could get some sleep.

As always happens on this day Desney started with shopping and spent the rest of the day cooking in the kichen. Of course we all were blessed with roast turkey, her cranberry & port sauce, chestnut stuffing, peas & carrots and her gratin dauphinois. We started the meal with her home made foie gras. Everyone seemed to enjoy the Château le Fagé (Monbazillac). The food was plentiful and delicious. I was able to eat most. Everybody seemed to enjoy the 2000 Fleurie as well. Dessert was Christmas logs of all flavours.

Normally my job is to keep the kids occupied and out of the kitchen. As the grandparents were here I left that job to them. I worked on my accounting and bookkeeping responsibilities and slept.

Once the kids had gone to bed came my favouite part of putting the gifts under the tree. I still remember the wonderful and strange experience the first time of passing from the side of the eternally receiving child to that of the omnipotent and eternally giving parent...

No comments: