Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Dr. Kanoui... for the last time

Today was my final consultation with Dr. Kanoui and I actually hope it's the last time I have to see him.

Dr. Mammar had said, when we met with him on the 10th, that it was ridiculous to be seeing Dr. Kanoui only 10 days after the end of treatment and that my next visit should be at least a month later. There's nothing to see as he said.

I went out to the American Hospital where Dr. Kanoui apparently consults when he isn't at the Clinique Hartmann and when he wants to make more money. He examined my throat very quickly as I still have a really bad vomiting reflex which doesn't allow any one to shove anything in my throat without anesthesizing it first. He looked around my mouth and throat and then massaged my throat looking for tumours. He didn't find anything.

He then dictated a letter to the file and then another to Dr. Hagege who I should see in about a month. All of the followup will be done with Dr. Hagege, which I am pleased about, and I will organise.

Dr. Kanoui asked that Dr. Hagege keep him informed of my progress for his own personal pleasure. He filled out the necessary forms and charged me 100 euros and I was out the door.

A total and complete waste of my time and energy and just an excuse for Dr. Kanoui to get a little extra in before the holidays.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're feeling (ever so slightly) better and hope that the improvement accelerates.

I'm impressed that Desney and Jessica managed to carry your beautiful tall tree home between them.

Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year.