Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Day 52 – Wednesday…

Another rough night. I feel like I sleep better on the couch, as I can raise my torso a bit, but I’m still having rough nights. Three fits last night: 02:30, 04:30 and 06:30. After a few minutes of coughing my throat literally feels like it’s been burned from the inside and I just sit there crying in the dark trying desperately to rip my throat out my body and throw it out the window.

My appointment was late today (17:30) so I had all sorts of time. I admit I took my time getting through the day. I did everything rather slowly and had lunch in front of Ballykissangel on the tele again.

I left at about 16:45 for the clinic. As it was later in the day they were running later as well. I didn’t go in for treatment until about 17:45. They only zapped my left side today and explained that they’re done with my right side. Any news of less treatment is good news.

I got home pretty exhausted and in time for dinner. I’m sorry I can’t remember what it was but I know I ate all of it. I also had a Rénutryl to make me feel like I’m a good boy and doing what I was told. I have to admit it’s very strange for me to be actually thinking of things to help me gain weight rather than the other way around. That said I never spent a lot of energy on losing weight either…

The end of the day these days is becoming as bad as the mornings. I generally get uncontrollable coughing fits which are very painful. I just sit there trying not to cough up a disgusting ball of saliva and not make too much noise. Again I just sit there crying and waiting for it to finish…

Another day done… only 2 more days of treatment to go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know that your Aunt Loni is checking out your blog from time to time. You write beautifully and, as you convey your daily progress; I marvel at your strength and humor. I am very proud of my nephew. Love to you and your family.