Friday, December 02, 2005

Day 47 – The Circus

Last night was probably the worst of the week. I was up at 02:30, 04:30, 05:30 and 06:30. I’m starting to feel the same sleep depravation I remember from when the girls were babies. But I’m not that young and strong any more.

I was up and ready relatively early, around 09:30, as I knew I had some work things to get done in the morning. I tried a new painkiller a friend had recommended. By 10:00 I was basically macraméed in to the couch and couldn’t move. Great stuff! But it paralysed me, for all practical purposes, until about 15:15. Then I had to go back to the clinic for my last treatment of the week. The treatment went well and I was back home not too late.

For the evening we had purchased tickets, many months ago, for the Chinese Circus at Asnières Theatre. The Shenyang Acrobatic Troupe. I drank one of my Rénutryl drinks for dinner and off we went. We met Jessica at the theatre as she was coming home from representing her school at the Paris Model United Nations (PAMUN at UNESCO. It was a wonderful night out. The circus was more than enjoyable. However we’ve been so spoiled by the Cirque de Soleil now that it’s difficult for us to watch anything else. We had a great evening and I was very, very tired when we got home.

For quite some time I had been planning on this being my last day of treatment. It isn’t. I’ve got three days off and then I’ve got one more week of four treatments. Seven down and one more week to go…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What was the new painkiller ?