Monday, December 05, 2005

Day 50 - Monday at home

Day 50: I was never supposed to write that. For the longest time I had counted on 7 weeks of treatment and Day 49 was supposed to be my last day. But life is just full of so many surprises.

As the electricity was still out, for our area of Asnières, when I went to bed I brought my Palm TX with me to use as a clock. I was able to sleep until 04:30. But the coughing fit at that time was one of the worse: it lasted at least 10 minutes. I was quite sore afterwards and it took me a while to get back to sleep. Another fit at 06:30 had my wishing I could just throw my throat out the window. I finally got up a little after 08:00. The electricity didn't come back on until after 07:00 in the morning!

As usual I spent the morning with my daily chores (breakfast, medicine and toileteries). I read a bit but had difficulty concentrating and found myself reading the same page several times... very frustrating. Finally I ran out and got myself a Greek sandwich (donner kebab) and settled down to watch Ballykissangel.

I was going to get up and do things after Ballykissangel. I had everything planned in my mind: e-mail and bookkeeping. I never made it out of the couch. The fatigue just caught up with me and, though no choice of my own, my body decided it was time to sleep. I didn't get up again until after everyone got home (after 18:00).

Dinner was enjoyable: minestrone soup with ciabatta bread and some Aoste ham. I was able to eat everything and quite enjoyed. Everything tasted bland but not bad.

I sat around reading on my Palm TX (WiFi news through AvantGo and AddIt and a new book "Da Vinci Rising" by Jack Dann) most of the evening. As Jessica is trying to finish "Le Barbier de Seville" the TV was actually off. It was great!

Got my evening medication down and off to bed a bit after midnight...

No comments: