Sunday, December 04, 2005

Day 49 - A relaxing Sunday

Last night was a good night: I slept through to 06:00 and didn’t have a second coughing fit until about 08:30 when I got up.

There isn’t much to say about today as I just didn’t do much. I was quite tired throughout the day and slept a lot. I watched a bit of television and read a bit of my book. But I didn’t do any one thing for too long as my concentration just isn’t there.

I had one of my Rénutryl drinks for lunch and Desney prepared a lovely dinner (lamb chops, boiled potatoes and an interesting mix of carrots and pumpkins with lots of garlic and onion). I was able to eat more than one helping of dinner. Desney and I have gotten to know each other’s cures over the many years. After living with Desney for so long I know for a fact that a cup of tea will cure just about any known illness or disease. This has been proven to me by BBC television in such shows as Casualty and Holby City and such where both doctors and patients are offered cups of tea no matter what the problem, ailment or situation may be. After living with me for so long Desney knows, by now, that garlic, onions and olive oil will cure any known disease, poison or illness known to man. It’s my family’s Italian-Jewish chemotherapy. It’ll kill anything and eliminate it out of the body.

In the evening, at about 23:00, we had yet another electricity cut. The last two we had were while Arlene was here which she found very disconcerting. The power cut lasted quite some time and when we went to bed, after midnight, we still didn’t have any electricity.

No comments: