Thursday, November 03, 2005

Day 18 - Uneventful

Not much to say about today as I didn't do much.

Spent the morning getting ready and doing a bit of professional e-mail. Had a quick lunch and went to the clinic for my x-ray treatment.

I tried driving to the clinic today. It was wonderful. It was a great feeling to be in control. I wasn't waiting for the bus wondering if it would be on time. I wasn't wandering around wondering what to do when I invariably turn up early and there's nothing in the neighbourhood. I was in control. It was great to drive and be in my own little world listening to my tunes on the stereo. In and out for my treatment in about 20 minutes and back on the road again for home.

When I got home I went to the chemists and got the rest of my medication. I then fell asleep for most of the afternoon.

I tried the new numbing stuff at dinner time. The phosphalugel went down reasonably well. I only retched twice. The xylocaine however, as it's much thicker, had much more difficulty going down and Desney handed me a bucket and asked I did that in the bathroom just in case. The xylocaine numbed my mouth and the top of my throat but just didn't hit the swallowing mechanism which still hurt. I'm not sure I'll try again and I'm certain I will not be able to use either of these products during chemo week when it is almost certain I would throw it all up.

Starting to count the days to the start of chemo again...

No comments: