Saturday, November 19, 2005

Day 34 - Saturday off

A relaxful day at home and yes... another good day.

I'm learning how to deal with the constant throat pain and swallowing pain. I seem to be able to overcome this much more so than the chemo pain.

I had a good breakfast of oatmeal and yogurt and got through all my medication and toileteries by the end of the morning. I went out to the local bakery and got Arlene and myself a couple of sandwiches. The taste wasn't as usual but it was a good feeling to get down a full sandwich.

In the afternoon Arlene and the girls went off for the girls' dental appointment and to stroll around Paris. They spent some time at the Smoking Forever (Tuxedos Forever) exhibit at the Fondation Pierre Bergé - Yves Saint-Laurent. I spent the afternoon asleep.

Desney prepared a delicious meal of duck along with broccoli and cauliflower cheese. I was able to eat a full plate as well as an extra helping of veg. Later in the evening she defrosted and heated up some of her apple crumble and served it up with some vanilla ice cream on top. Unfortunately sweet things just don't seem to taste good any more, hopefully temporarily, and I could only eat about half of it.

In the evening Jessica, Arlene and I watched Collateral on DVD.

No comments: