Sunday, November 27, 2005

Day 42 - A relaxing Sunday

I wish I could say that every day gets better. Unfortunately it's the opposite: every day just gets worse.


  • My red neck is now burned brown.

  • My coughing fits are now both at night and during the day with the extra added delightful feature of wretching up saliva every now and then.

  • Swallowing is beyond painful and my throat constantly hurts.
    The dryness in my throat is such that it's sometimes even hurts to breathe.

  • My voice has gotten worse and worse to the point that now if I scream it comes out a whisper.


As it's Sunday I slept in a bit. Alexandra even slept in a bit. Jessica had gone to a friend's house last night to sleep over. I spent all morning having breakfast and getting clean.

For the first time in quite some time I actually went down to my office and sorted through some paperwork. I mostly did what absolutely had to be done and left it at that. I am very frustrated by the fact that I can't concentrate too long on any one project. My mind wanders and I can't remember what I'm doing. Programming is therefore impossible. Bookkeeping is about as far as I can get and even then I have to total up about 3 times.

In the afternoon I had a nap and then Desney made pork spare ribs for dinner with potatoes and carrots. I was able to eat everything, albeit with difficulty, and watched as the rest of the family had a bottle of Fleurie to wash it all down.

E.R. has finished here in France so we had to find something else to watch. We ended up watching Capital which is a show we used to watch regularly before E.R. was running. It's a news show based on the French economy. It's extremely well done and we've been watching it ever since their first season. Now we just miss Culture Pub which used to be on afterwards and which showed television adverts from all over the world many of which were absolutely hilarious.

As I started yet another coughing fit again at about half past midnight I crawled in to the bed in the guest room to allow Desney to get some sleep. She's got work tomorrow, of course, and I've just got to try and get through the day...

No comments: