Sunday, November 06, 2005

Day 21 – The calm before the storm

My last day before chemo starts again. It was also a day with no treatment or tests or anyone else doing things to my body without my control.

I spent most of the day trying to work on and finish things I knew I would not be able to do next week. I did a lot of e-mail work and some preparation work for my assistant in London and a lot of accounting and bookkeeping. Desney spent a good portion of the day cooking and making meals for the rest of the week in preparation. She accepts that a good portion of her week will be spent taking care of me and she’s preparing so that the family has good food to eat throughout. The kitchen smelled wonderful all day.

Alexandra had a friend over in the afternoon and Jessica had a friend come over for dinner and sleepover. Dinner was fun with everyone enjoying a nice bottle of Côte de Charmes’ Morgon ’99 which looked and smelled delicious.

Everyone went to bed at their normal times as they all have school and work tomorrow. I stayed up as late as I could as I knew that when I went to sleep and woke up it would be chemo day again.

Tomorrow starts my second week, out of three (hopefully), of chemotherapy. I am now both scared and sad. Scared because I now know much better what it’s going to be like and am aware that, with the cumulated effect of 3 weeks of radiation, it’s going to be worse. Sad because I know I have to go through with it. I have three wonderful reasons to go through all of this and I see them every day and every night at home to remind me that it’s all worth it in the end…

No comments: