Monday, November 14, 2005

Day 29 – Monday off

No treatment today (again). Four days without going to the clinic is wonderful. I hope I’ve started to recuperate to be ready for tomorrow. My weight loss is starting to worry me. I lost 5 kilos in September and October and I’ve lost another 4 kilos since I’ve started the treatment (4 kilos in 4 weeks). I obviously needed to lose a bit of weight. Before treatment I was looking good (at 80 kg). But now, at 76 kg, I feel like I’m actually starting to look and feel like a cancer victim. I am very weak and tired all the time.

Although I still have a slight bit of nausea all the time, which should have been gone by now, the main pain has come back to my throat. Each time I swallow it’s like sandpaper inside my throat. I’ll have to wait till tomorrow and ask to see a doctor to see if there’s something else we can do.

Desney made a wonderful shiksa chicken soup for all of us. She had actually spent Sunday evening making it a long with the roast lamb. It was great and I was able to get down a full two bowls.

It’s getting difficult to sleep now as the painful swallowing makes me retch and almost vomit. I’m up and down throughout the night which obviously isn’t making Desney’s sleep any easier either…

[Entered on 15/11/05]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bro,We're all very happy to see you blogging again,although the situation....xox...Our Love....The Ancriles

Anonymous said...

Can I find out what exactly is a shiksa chicken soup?
Glad to see you back on again, Derek.

Derek Erb said...

Karen,

Shiksa chicken soup is any sort of chicken soup made by a shiksa (a female gentile --- not of the Jewish persuasion).

It may be excellent, as in this particular case, but it will always be... a bit different.

;-)