Monday, November 21, 2005

Day 36 - Back to the clinic

A relatively simple day:

I had a really good breakfast (eggs, toast and yogurt) and was able to get all of my medication down and get through my toileteries by lunch time.

Arlene and I went out to lunch to our local restaurant (Le Madrigal). I had a very filling meal (Salade des gesiers, Lentil beans and ham hocks) as did Arlene. She had the Beaujolais Nouveau, which came out on Thursday, and I had water. That's a definite first in my life!

After lunch we headed off to the clinic for my x-ray treatment. Following all of the remeasurements of last week this was the first time that I had the full treatment since. They used to zap me 3 times (once left, once right and once centre). Now they zap me 5 times (twice left, twice right and once centre). This takes a bit longer to set up and carry out. I was sure I was going to really appreciate the additional after effects.

The evening was a bit tough as my throat was really burning. I was able to eat all of dinner (Desney's carrot soup, salad and leftover duck and turkey). But the burning sensation lasted quite some time.

I ended up staying up late watching television... mostly BBC Prime...

No comments: