Saturday, November 12, 2005

Day 27 – Arlene is in da house!

I woke up still not feeling great. But it’s a special day. My mother, Arlene, arrived from New York at 10:00. They lost one of her suitcases so she didn’t get out of the airport until about 11:30 and was at our place a little after noon. This gave me time to get through the morning, trying to feel better, and to shower before she arrived.

It was great to see her. But I was not feeling well… it was a long day of trying to talk without throwing up…

Arlene brought lots and lots of presents for everyone. We spent a lot of time opening the gifts, trying to figure out what they were and then playing with them… We all sat around talking most of the day. I wasn’t exactly an active participant. However I was able to eat a bit at the end of the day which made me feel better, at least psychologically.

[Entered on 15/11/05]

No comments: