Friday, November 18, 2005

Day 33 – A Good Friday

I hate to say this out loud, as it were, and I’m even more reluctant to put it in writing… but… I had a good day today.

I awoke after a good night’s sleep, thanks to the painkiller up my …, and I was actually able to make myself eggs and toast for breakfast and eat it all along with a yogurt. That made me feel very good about myself as well as almost full. I took my time getting ready afterwards and lunch time came around quicker than I thought.

Arlene wanted to try one of the Greek sandwiches (donner kebab) I had written about on this blog. We went and got one for each of us. They were very nice at the restaurant, as always, and for the first time they even offered us a cup of Turkish tea while we were waiting for our sandwiches. Arlene had hers with harissa sauce, on the side, and I had mine plain. We took our sandwiches back to the house and sat in front of the television, like 2 Americans would, and watched Ballykissangel on the BBC. I have already seen the entire series at least once if not twice. But I have somehow gottten hooked again recently and it’s on weekdays at 14:00 which tends to be just before I fall asleep again in the afternoon.

After lunch, which was both tasty and filling, I had a good nap. Emma arrived to clean the house while I was asleep and the kids got back from school at about 17:00. As my treatments were scheduled for late this evening (19:50) we had changed our plans around. Arlene took the kids out to our local Japanese restaurant (Miyakosushi) for dinner and I went for my treatment. They were kind enough to get me a sushi menu to go so that when I got home dinner was waiting for me and I didn’t have to worry about it getting cold.

The kids went to bed at a relatively reasonable hour as they both have school Saturday morning. I got hooked on something on television… the UK Children in Need telethon, on BBC Prime, and didn’t get to be until after 1:00 in the morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Derek,So happy to read about great day for for a change, we should have more of these I can only hope....all my love Jill xox

Anonymous said...

I mean A "GREAT-DAY!!!"...Ooops...